cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Question on Super Copy

Jason Amick
Level 1
Level 1

Had a quick question in regards to copying an extension mobility device profile.  We use extension mobility pretty heavily where I work and when we need to add a new profile we just copy one of the existing users device profiles.  I have noticed that when you do a super copy it does not add extension mobility as a subscribed service and we have to subscribe it manually.  Is this normal behavior and is there some setting I can tweak to make this happen?  Thanks fo the help!!

7 Replies 7

Murali_DS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jason,

You can enable enterprise subscription for all Device profiles by creating a new Service from the IP Phone Services.

Device - Device settings - Phone Services - Add New -> Give a Name - > Enter the Extension Mobility URL and Enable Enterprise Subscription

Hope this Helps.

P.S : Pls rate useful posts

Thx,

M

I did have one more question on the enterprise service.  So it seems as I have to create a new service in order to enable enterprise service for extension mobility correct?  Just wanted to make sure there is not way to update the current service I have setup for extension mobility as an enterprise service.  And if I enable it enterprise wide would I just delete the other service so I wont have duplicates?  Thanks again guys!!

Hi Jason,

Yes you are correct. Enterprise subscription can be enabled only while creating the service.

And you can delete the other service to remove duplicates.

-Atul

Atul Gaba
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

copy doesn't subscribe the services to the device profile.

What you can do is to create a UDP template(subscribe the service to the template), then update the copied device profiles(without the subscribed services).

Under Bulk Admin -> Update UDP -> Query, you have the option -

Regards,

Atul Gaba

Atul:

Thanks I may go with this option when having to update multiple options but when configuring a single user looks like I still have to subscribe the service manually correct?

Yes you'll have to do it manually in case of single user.

Or you can go for the enterprise subscription but that will subscribe the service to all phones which may not be desired.

-Atul

Thank you both for the input, I may go with the enterprise subscription. Thanks again!!