Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Update Subscriptions Error

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have upgraded a UCM cluster from Ver 6.1 to V8.6(2)A. I have changed the IP address of the Publisher and therefore had to change the IP address of the Extension Mobility Phone Service.

When I try to update the EM Subscriptions (Device/Phone Services/ Ext Mobility) I receive the below error message.

"Error occurred while retrieving information from the Database. Device does not support selected DND option"

I have no EM profiles or phones with the DND box selected.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

Ian.           

4 Replies 4

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ian,

Does this happen to any kind of phone? Probably this has nothing to do with EM and affects the phones when updating/subscribing to any service. There is a known bug, usually seen after upgrading to 8.6:

CSCtt01052    DND Option can not be changed for IP Communicator

Symptoms:

DND Option can not be changed for IP Communicator.

The only option avaliable under settings is "Ringer off".

The other two options "call reject" "use common phone profile setting" are not present.

This is causing the "update all subscribtions" to fail under the phone services for

extension mobility.

Conditions:

Issue is present on 8.6.2.10000-30   release.

Workaround:

None

You can contact TAC and ask for the UCSInstall_UCOS_8.6.2.21008-1.sgn.iso or any later ES that has the fix.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Tere.

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Tere,

Thanks for the update. At present I have not upgraded but have a more details of the issues being experienced.

I have migrated a V6.1 cluster DB and upgraded to V8.6 on new Cisco C-Series platform.

The IP addresses of the V6 servers have been changed on the V8.6 cluster as both are active on the network to allow testing prior to go live.

The extension mobility service IP address has been changed on the new V8.6 Publisher to reflect the IP address change. However when I try to logon to EM, I can logon but the phone does not refresh with the EM DN.

On looking at the V6 cluster the EM user now appears as logged onto EM? However the phone is now registered with on the new cluster.

In short, phones are registered on the new cluster. I can logon to EM but the phone does not refresh and display the EM DN. The EM user appears as logged onto the old cluster with a time stamp of the attempted EM Logon.

Any ideas?

thanks

Ian.

Hi

I've seen a similar issue recently. Basically you set the URL on the Phone Service, but this doesn't update the actual phone subscriptions (which for some reason basically 'copy' the URL when they subscribe) until  you click on 'update subscriptions'.

Helpfully there is a bug in some 8.x versions where if you have a lot of devices subscribed to a service (e.g. as you will have with EM) that update subscriptions process fails.

You can see if this is your problem by running the following query, and seeing if you see the correct/new URL or the old one.

run sql select servicename, serviceurl,secureserviceurl from telecastersubscribedservice

What I did was just submit a SQL query via AxlSqlToolkit to fix up the data directly.

My input XML file was as follows:

https://callmanager.customer.ac.uk:8443/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#&EMCC=#EMCC#' where servicename = 'Extension Mobility'"/>

http://callmanager.customer.ac.uk:8080/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#&EMCC=#EMCC#' where servicename = 'Extension Mobility'"/>

Note that you have to escape & characters as & in the URLs, and if your service is not called 'Extension Mobility' you'd have to adjust it to fit.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Thanks for the good advice. I will look at this to see if it confirms and hopefully resolves the issue.

Ian.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: