cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External call to extension

apowers
Level 1
Level 1

I need to know if this can be done. I need to have one specific inbound number that is dialing a line group to be sent over to a specific extension. When I receive a call from xxx-xxx-xxxx I need to have it sent to extension yyyy. Is that possible and how is this done? Everything I have found is for call forward which will do all numbers now just one specific number.

2 Replies 2

Assuming that you have CM as your calling platform you can do that by using the function to route by calling number instead of what is the standard where the called number is used to route the call. To do this you’ll need to pass the call via a set of translation patterns, the first one turns on route by calling number functionality and then the next step of translation patterns do the route by calling number. It sounds more complicated than it really is, try it out and let us know if you run into any specific issues.

Response Signature

If this call is coming in on a gateway it might be possible to capture the inbound call and changed the dialed party on the router prior to the gateway sending the call to CUCM.

This can be done with a SIP Profile or (possibly!) a caller-id-specific dial-peer with a translation profile (depending on your config).

Maren