cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External Phone Number Mask

Efrain Berrocal
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that needs her caller ID changed so that the number displayed when she calls people is different from her real number.  I've changed the External Phone Number Mask in CallManager but people still see her real number.  Why?  What other settings should I be checking/changing?  Thank you!

5 Replies 5

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Efrain,

Another place you can check is the route list detail configuration.  In CM, find the route list the phone is using and click on the route group link on the bottom of the page.  From there make sure the "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" is set to ON.

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Hi

In order to resolve this issue, you can use these locations in the CallManager Administration to configure caller ID:

Directory Number Configuration page Scroll down to External Phone Number Mask and enter the number that you want to send to the PSTN. Then click Update at the top of the page. You have to repeat this same procedure for the other extensions configured for this IP phone (if you want to send those numbers to the PSTN).

Route Pattern Configuration page Locate the route pattern that you are using to make calls to the PSTN. Scroll down to the Calling Party Transformations section.

If you check Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask, you  use the number that you configured in the Directory Number Configuration page as the caller ID.

If you uncheck Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask, then you can configure the Calling Party Transform Mask. Enter a number such as 978858xxxx (CallManager fills out the xxxx with the phone's 4-digit extension).

Route List Detail Configuration page Go to the Calling Party Transformations section.

Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask If you set this to On, you use the number that you configured in the Directory Number Configuration page as the caller ID. If you set it to Off, then you need to configure the Calling Party Transform Mask (next line on this same page). The setting that you use here overrides the settings that you configured in the Route Pattern Configuration page. You configure the Calling Party Transform Mask here in the same way as explained for the Route Pattern Configuration page.

Hi

I did all the items that you mentioned but it didn't work. I checked the log in the RTMT and DNA. The calling number changes correctly(the 3 digit extension converts to 7 digit). but it still shows the office number instead of the calling number. Should I set the prefix digits(for example the area code)? or if I just fill the transformation mask with the original calling number will be ok?

And my another question is that is it necessary to configure Calling Party Transformation CSS in SIP Trunk or device pool?

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is your EPM is checked and on the RP? do using and CLG party xformation

Just check this it will help understand .

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/10051/how-change-caller-id-display-one-number-another-and-external-phone-number-mask

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1745737&seqNum=2

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

If you are using ISDN GW, then check at the GW what is the exact number being sent, from there you can see that what configuration is taking effect.

More over, if change the External Phone Mask on the line for the user, check if that is indeed being sent via the GW, if not then you will have to make sure that it is being sent to the GW in the first place.

HTH