Views
Helpful
Replies

failure in call manager 5.1 - service down in suscriber server

I already have four call manager servers:

1 publisher (CCM-1)

2 Subcribers (CCM-2, CCM-3)

1 TFTP (CCM-4)

All the devices are equally registered in the subcribers but lately these devices have lost communication signal with the CCM-2 and the entire charge lean over the CCM-3; as a result the telephone service is affected and the users cannot send or receive any call using PSTN

So far, the only solution we have found has been reset the CCM-2, so that the devices can establish a communication with it and the load once again begin to move along the subcribers. Despite, this solution is temporary and the issue happen constantly over and over.

I would aprecciate any advice and help that you can give me to find the root of the problem and apply a final solution to it.

Thanks, best regards.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the service still running on the SUB?

Are you losing keepalives to the server?

Broken TCP connections?

You should start by pulling some CCM traces to find out exactly what's the reason for the phones to failover.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Also, you need to check why PSTN calls aren't working when devices register with CCM-3. Check DB replication status

One more point, are your phones residing in CCM LAN or remotly connected.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Dayerling,

Another point to look out for is ensure that all servers have proper connectivity to the publisher..

run utils diagnose test on all nodes

utils network connectivity from the subscribers

utils core list/utils core active list and see if there arent latest core dumps.

utils dbreplication status/utils dbreplication runtimestate

All the above commands have to be executed via the cli..

Hope this helps

Niket