cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast buy dial out on MGCP Analog Station

ErylFlynn
Level 1
Level 1

Built a home lab and working to get my CLCOR, having a problem getting a 2901 with a VIC3-4FXS/DID working for an analog phone.  Currently the phone can be dialed but gets fast busy after interdigit timeout. Station is built as a POTs, other choices are loop or ground start which are for trunking.  CSS and such are set same as my 8811s that can dial each other.  What am I missing?  Any help would be appreciated.

2901 is running c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-1.T.bin

UCM is 14.0.1.10000-20

Relevant parts of the show run

ip tftp source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0

ccm-manager redundant-host CUCM-SUB-02
ccm-manager mgcp
no ccm-manager fax protocol cisco
ccm-manager music-on-hold
ccm-manager config server 192.168.50.30
ccm-manager config
!
mgcp
mgcp call-agent CUCM-PUB-01 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1
mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band
mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify
mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse
mgcp package-capability rtp-package
mgcp package-capability sst-package
mgcp package-capability pre-package
no mgcp package-capability res-package
no mgcp timer receive-rtcp
mgcp sdp simple
mgcp fax t38 inhibit
!
mgcp profile default

!
dial-peer voice 999010 pots
service mgcpapp
port 0/1/0
!

3 Replies 3

Not related to your issue as such but MGCP isn’t part of the curriculum of CLCOR anymore. With this you won’t learn anything useful by trying to get your phone working with an MGCP registration. Using SCCP or SIP would be recommended.

Response Signature

If I’ve understood your issue correctly, you have an analogue phone connected to an FXS port. This phone can be reached from other extensions, but it cannot make outgoing calls.

I would suggest rechecking the CSS on this extension. The port configurations appear to be correct, and according to the original post, you have also selected the port type as POTS.

Response Signature

Correct, and I have 2 8811 phones that can call each other.  I used the same CSS and partition that they are set with and still get a fast busy after a delay which appears to be interdigit time out.  What debugs should I run and what should I look for?  It seems it is not passing the digits to the gatekeeper and then failing to route the call.  Would like to figure this out, then move to  making this SCCP.