cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax Get IP address in CUCM, But Can not Send/Receive File

satyaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, so my company has about 6 faxes for each floor. There is a problem with fax one in 21st floor. 

So here are the initial informations  : 

a). This fax has ip address shown in CUCM

b). This fax has E1 line

c). Its E1 number can be called, when i called this fax number, the ring indicate this is fax number.

d). The fax status is unregistered in CUCM.

e). This fax has a dummy profile. Usually we use integrated LDAP to register employee to an ip phone. But in fax, we made dummy profile so we can assign in to the fax.

Here is our fax in CUCM : 

faxcisco.PNG

Somehow the fax can not send or recieve file.

Any suggestion ?

Noted that i'm a CCNA RS and english is not my native, and i just get voice job for 3 weeks, so if you don't mind, please use "down to earth" vocab. Thank you very much, i will appreciate any enlighment.

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The device has an IP address  but is unregistered that is why it is failing.

you have set it up as a 3rd party SIP device. Have you got a similar set up with the same fax type already working on another floor?  also, what do you mean by "it has the E1 plugged in?" what sort of model fax is it?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If this is a analog fax machine, this needs terminate off a FXS port. If this is an IP server, than a SIP trunk from CUCM to that server. What fax machine is this ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: