cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fax issues

Carl Morgan
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to reach out to the community and find out if others have experienced the issues I am facing with faxing. We are faxing via MGCP to a PRI. Lately I have been getting reports that faxing both local and long distance is failing, intermittently. I am getting reports that on multi-page documents only the first five pages are being received and the rest are blank. I am getting reports that some faxes, even single page faxes are being received with a third to two thirds blank. I am also getting reports that some faxes are exhibiting what I can only describe as print defects....where part of a line of text will be missing...horizontally across the whole page. I have spent many hours with various support teams and now I am turning to the group that deals with this sort of issue in real-time. Any guidance will be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carl,

Please check the following bug and see if your MGCP gateway is running a fixed IOS version

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtj60699/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Manish

Hello Manish,

This is what we currently have:

Cisco IOS Software, C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
2:24 PM
c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin

Hi Carl,

This IOS should be okay but the Router model and symptoms are matching. Also, because the issue is so intermittent i would suggest upgrading the IOS. If the issue persists you may open a TAC case to investigate further.

Manish