Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware not using default in the CUCM

What could be the cause if a phone is not using the default firmware specified on the CUCM ?

At the phone page itself , the Phone load Name is not specified anything ?

if firmware not the same as default, the time between phone & CUCM is not synchronize, is it possible ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

problem resolved 
what i do is perform soft reset on the phone and manually put the default firmware on the phone load name

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Mohd,

There could be several reasons for that. Have you tried deleting ITL file on the phone once.

Could you tell us what is the current firmware on the phone and what is the default firmware specified in CUCM ?

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts by clicking the star below

haven't tried anything,

actually this particular user using this phone said that the time is not sync.
upon checking, i realize the firmware is not the same as other phone

ok. Could you try deleting ITL on this phone and let us know whether that helps with the firmware upgrade.

Procedure for deleting ITL:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/delete-itl-file/ta-p/3114410

HTH
Rajan

on the phone, on the ITL file selection, when press **# , it prompt new page
authorization required

username: administrator

password : 

realm : MAC address

please advise

i have tried several phone also same

Have you configured anything ? if not can you try entering "cisco" as the password.

trying 'cisco' not worked

i'm personally not configure anything, this setup is done long before 

Hi there

Try erasing the ITL files. If its prompts for password over **# unlock, you go to Device >>> Device Settings >>> Common Device Profile >>>  Local Phone Unlock Password (Field at the top of the screen).  You can change it to new password to unlock the phone.

Hope this helps !!!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

problem resolved 
what i do is perform soft reset on the phone and manually put the default firmware on the phone load name