Views
Helpful
Replies

Foce Code Authorization for Individual IP Phone

sdasgupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a configuration issue regarding IP Telephony, and the infra based on CUCM 7.1.3. I need your expert advise, and I'm not sure if it can possible as client is asking.....the issue is like:-

The Force Code authorization should be enable for individual 750 nos. of extension, I’m not sure if it can be possible but user is asking for the same like code for individual extension by which user can make any type of PSTN calls. I have configured FAC for Local, National & International calls but that is imposed for every extension, whenever user want to make various type of calls, it will ask for the auth code respectively. Client is not asking like that, rather every extension should have individual auth code for Local/National/International ( same auth code for all calls ) and extension should mapped with individual user.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards

Sujit

3 Replies 3

Hello,

Check on cisco's website about a document called features and services for CUCM 7.1 , there is a feature could help your case called CMC (Client Matter Code) , here is a brief about it :

To use the Client Matter Codes feature, users must enter a client matter code to reach certain dialed numbers. You enable or disable CMC through route patterns, and you can configure multiple client matter codes. When a user dials a number that is routed through a CMC-enabled route pattern, a tone prompts the user for the client matter code. When the user enters a valid CMC, the call occurs; if the user enters an invalid code, reorder occurs. The CMC writes to the CDR, so you can collect the information by using CDR Analysis and Reporting (CAR), which generates reports for client accounting and billing.
The Client Matter Codes feature benefits law offices, accounting firms, consulting firms, and other businesses or organizations where tracking the length of the call for each client is required. Before you implement CMC, obtain a a list of all clients, groups, individuals, parties, and so on that you plan to track through CMC. Determine whether you can assign the codes consecutively, arbitrarily, or whether your organization requires a special code structure; for example, using existing client account numbers for CMC. For each client (or group, individual, and so on) that you want to track, you must add a client matter code in the Client Matter Code Configuration window of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration. Then, in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, you must enable CMC for new or existing route patterns. After you configure CMC, make sure that you update your dial plan documents to indicate the CMC-enabled route patterns.

Amer

Hi Amer,

As I can understand the individual extension can have auth code for any type of PSTN Calls ( Local/National/International ) by configuring CMC. Can you please help me to get any documents from where I extract the steps for implementing the same.

I have implemented Fore Authorization Codes ( Call Routing sub menu ) but for the type of PSTN call group, in that case all the user can make any type of outgoing call from any extension provided auth code. In my implementation all the extension mapped with resoective type of auth code based on type of calls....not all individual extension by individual auth code for respective type of outgoing calls.

Thanks

Sujit