cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force audio calls from video conference systems using a gatekeeper and gateway

aapanora
Level 1
Level 1

Had a working setup where an ISDN GW 3241 was making either video or just an audio (telephone) call based on their prefix. This gateway and all the cisco video conference end points were registering to a gatekeeper. unfortunately the GW 3241 died so I'm using a router as a gateway CME. Is there way to setup either the gatekeeper or gateway to dial an audio call only based on prefix?

2 Replies 2

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As mentioned on page 264 of the below document, you can use technology prefix to identify gateways that support voice or video calls, where the gatekeeper can use this information to correspondingly route traffic to the appropriate devices. A gateway can register to a gatekeeper with a technology prefix. 

https://community.cisco.com/legacyfs/online/legacy/0/4/8/31840-GWGK1SG_Vol_2.pdf

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks for your reply. What I had working was that I had a dial plan configured in the cisco GW 3241 that if and end point dialed 2 and then the number it will make a video call and if it dialed 22 then it will make a telephone call. That was working until the GW 3241 died so I'm trying to find out if I can do that 2800 router as the gateway. We can make phone call with the 2800 router now , but we have to specify the "CallType and CallRate" at each endpoint. The end users are accustomed to just dial 2+number for video call or 22+number for a telephone call using the crestron touch panel.