Views
Helpful
Replies

Forced Authentication code in CUCM 12.5 Local Calls

gunnydaman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Currently I am using a cisco call manager that is used only for internal calls. We are looking for ways to lock down who can call who within our building and I was wondering if I could use FAC to do this function.

Currently I have FAC set up to be used for one set of extensions, and I am prompted for a pin when I call those extensions. However, I only ever get a busy signal when I put the pin in. Is there another step I need to follow to get the FAC to work? I know the phones work when FAC is not applied as I can dial each phone with no issues. It is only when I put FAC on that I get a busy signal.

I know FAC is typically used for outside calling or long distance, but does anyone know if it can be used for calling different directory numbers internally?

Thanks,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

no, unfortunatelly

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FAC is only enabled on route patterns

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

So is it possible to take my local pool of numbers and split it up using route patterns so I can use FAC?

Thanks,

Matt

no, unfortunatelly

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: