Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward a call only from a specific number (CUCM - Cisco Unified CM

Mikheil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone, 

We have Cisco Unified CM 10.5 and want to forward call from specific number to another number, but the other calls not forward.

Does anyone have an idea how I can do it?

5 Replies 5

You could use the following process, and rather than blocking the number you could use the Translation Pattern to change the Called Party.

Blocking Calls Based on Calling Party ID 

Maren

Maybe I’m daft but I don’t see how what you suggest would fulfil what the OP asked about. AFAIK there is no way to have calls forwarded on a directory number if the call comes from a specific calling number, but not from anyone else.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg - It would be tricky. And, you're right, might not end with the result the OP is asking for. What I was thinking is that you could have calls to 4445555 hit a translation pattern initially (in a filter partition), with the technique above filtering the CLID and catching the one CLID and changing the dialed number. Any calls not forwarded based on the one CLID would then clear the filter and end up hitting the actual DN on the phone which would be 4445555 in a standard partition.

It's ugly, but I think would work depending on the specific scenario.

Maren

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I couldn't test how well it works. It's a very complex configuration that doesn't match our configuration and changes can cause problems in production.

As I understand, CUCM doesn't have a solution for such kind of case

It is a complex configuration. And, no, CUCM does not have a solution.

Another way to handle the call would be to have all calls hit a Unity Connection voicemail box and set up a Personal Call Transfer rule to filter on CLID. The one CLID could be 'forwarded' to the voicemail account of a specific user which would then be set to 'ring extension'. Other CLIDs would ring out to the original intended extension. Again, a complex config but would implement the policy.

Is the expected CLID an internal number or an inbound PSTN number? If it is an inbound call from an external source, can you set up a Translation Profile or a SIP Profile in the inbound gateway itself to modify the called party when a specific CLID is detected?

Maren