Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward calls to cell phone CUCM

CRUZPEREZ518
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I am trying to configure the forwarding of calls to my cell phone from CUCEM, I have several forwardings configured and they work perfectly, but they are permanently configured and what I want to do is that each user can activate and deactivate the forwarding directly from their phone . The phone models that I use are: 7821 and 3905. I have tried from the phone keys with conditional forwarding but it makes an error when typing the cell phone, it only allows me to forward calls internally to another extension but not to a cell phone, I suppose I have to do some previous configuration in CUCEM.

I appreciate any help.

5 Replies 5

Your using the term CUCM and CUCEM, What system do you have Communication Manager or Communication Manager Express? If it’s the later please post your CME configuration for us to be able to help you.

Response Signature

Is CUCM,but I'm new to this topic, and I don't know where to start, it continues to work only for internal extensions, example: 130,140,150.

You need to check the CSS that you have set on the directory number. Does it allow calls to other extensions than internal? You can use DNA, Dialed Number Analyser, to check/verify what would happen if you make a call to the number you want to set as the receiver of the call forward via the CSS set for call forward.

Response Signature

aidan6
Level 1
Level 1

In call manager, under the ext. if you scroll down to the forwarding line next to the box the drop-down menu, change it from internal_css to unrestricted_css  

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

@CRUZPEREZ518 I see that you have 2 requirements;

1. You want end user to set call forwarding from their phone.

2. You want to make this settings on ExtnMobility enabled phones.
if my understanding is correct then,

1. Check in CUCM under Device > Softkey templates that phone has call forward option available. Users can login to CUCM selfcare portal using the userid and PIN and can also set the call forward to numbers.

2. In CUCM configuration check prefix number required to reach PSTN services to forward calls to mobile number.

3. from CUCM EM profile go to Line and under call forward settings, enter the mobile number with prefix and assign the correct CSS allowed to avail PSTN services.

4. Go to https://CUCMIPADD/dna > Phone and search EM extension number.

5. Enter the mobile number and make sure the result shows Route to Destination. if you see this then make call extension o extension and then call is forwarded to desired mobile number.

6. if your organisation is configured only with internal forwarding then you need to create route pattern mapped to SIP trunk to Voice Gateway with dial-peer to route calls to PSTN.

try it and let us know if suggestion works for you.

regards,

Ritesh Desai

Please rate helpful posts.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: