Forward Hunt Group Busy / No Answer

stu.hebson
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem with a Hunt Group configuration

I am running CUCM 8.5 with Unity Connection 8.5

Forward Hunt No Answer is set to the Unity voicemail pilot

Forward Hunt Busy is set to the Unity voicemail pilot

In both the above scenarios, CUCM is sending Forward Unconditional to Unity and therefore it picks up the standard greeting, not the busy greeting

If I forward a phone to the same voice mailbox, it selects the correct busy or standard greeting

Any ideas?      

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Stu,

I see Sorry about the first post.

I thought this was an interesting question so I just labbed this up to see if I could get it to work.

Here's what I had to do;

On 5850 set the Call Forward No Coverage (Internal/External) to the Voicemail Pilot#

On the Hunt Pilot 1792 checkbox under the Hunt Forward settings area check "use personal preference"

but leave the forward set to go to the VM Pilot #.

Remove the Alternate Extension 1792 under the 5850 mailbox.

I now receive the proper Busy or Standard Greeting depending on the status of 5850 (Busy or No Answer)

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Stu,

You are on the right track  Can you try;

Hunt Pilot Configuration

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - to Voicemail Pilot #

Forward Hunt Busy - to Voicemail Pilot #

Make the Hunt Pilot DN an Alternate Extension on the desired mailbox.

Let's  say the Hunt Pilot number is 5000 and the mailbox you want to use is  2355. Set the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA/CFB) to the Unity Connection Pilot # with  the settings shown above.

Create a mailbox for 2355 (you may  already have this) and add 5000 as an Alternate Extension. When the call  routes through to Unity Connection via the Hunt Pilot No Answer Unity

Connection should see  the CLID of 5000 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Guys

Thanks for the responses.

Just to expand , full configuration is

DN 5850 is a published number, which takes the first call.

For this DN     Forward busy is to Hunt Pilot 1792

Forward No Answer is to Hunt Pilot 1792

Hunt Pilot 1792 has Forward Hunt No Answer set to VoiceMail Pilot

Forward Hunt Busy set to VoiceMail Pilot

In Unity 5850 is the mailbox owner, 1792 is an Alternate Extension

Using RTMT to monitor voicemail ports, I can see that when a call placed to 5850 goes to voicemail because all extensions in the linie group are busy or not answered, the reason is always FwdUnconditional

Cheers ... Stu

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Create a unity VM account of the same number as hunt pilot and record the greeting and it will hit the same.

Also you can create routing rules and forward it to the voicemail of the person whose recording you want to hit and select user with vmbox on the call routing rule.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Unless I'm reading this wrong I think his problem is not that he's not reaching CUC or the mailbox/call handler he wants. But that the forwarding reason is not being sent as forward busy so that he reaches the busy greeting, instead he's receiving a FW unconditional on CUC and reaching the std greeting.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Stu,

I see Sorry about the first post.

I thought this was an interesting question so I just labbed this up to see if I could get it to work.

Here's what I had to do;

On 5850 set the Call Forward No Coverage (Internal/External) to the Voicemail Pilot#

On the Hunt Pilot 1792 checkbox under the Hunt Forward settings area check "use personal preference"

but leave the forward set to go to the VM Pilot #.

Remove the Alternate Extension 1792 under the 5850 mailbox.

I now receive the proper Busy or Standard Greeting depending on the status of 5850 (Busy or No Answer)

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob this has got me closer .. I think.

The message selected in Unity when forwarded from any of the Line Group numbers is determined by the status of the called number (5850). It doesn't matter whether there are no members logged in, are busy or not answered, the message played depends on whether the called number was busy or not answered when the call then transferred to the hunt pilot. Basically, I need to have both Busy & Standard messages the same.

In this particular scenario voicemail is normally only used for Out of Hours emergency number outgoing message with optional call transfer

I had already come up with a workaround by using a schedule in Unity to denote Open / Closed so that I can utilise the standard message during the day and divert to OOH procedure at night.

I now have a standard greeting saying all operators are busy, call back or hold and have set the after greeting process to go to a call handler that transfers the call back to the original dialled number ie simple re-queueing.

Thanks again for your help