Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding a SIP call to another SIP Trunk on CUCM

yamikani2g2
Level 1
Level 1

Good day Experts..

I seem to be running in to some complex configurations day in day out huh... Anyways I have a SIP trunk from MyPBX to CUCM that is working perfect thanks for the team here for bringing it up adn working.

Issue is CUCM has SIP trunks to other branches how do i make this CUCM forward calls that come from Extentions that are on MyPBX destined to the branches?

(1002)<======>MyPBX<======SIP Trunk 1=====>CUCM<======SIP Trunk 2==========> Branches<==>(3001)

Looking at the Above i want to achieve the above where  my extension 1002 calling a branch extension 3001 where the branch has a SIP trunk with CUCM but branch has no SIP trunk with MyPBX. Note that i can call all extensions that are connected to CUCM.

If this cant work whats the best solution i can have just have SIP trunks to the branches??? and have a seperate outgoung route list for the branches?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Simply configure your call routing to do that, adjust the inbound CSS from one trunk to use the RP to the other trunk and make sure it's the best match.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jammie, thanks for the quick response much appreciated. I was of the same Idea but i cant find some working configuration that i can use to learn from or see how it works. Will appreciate that input.

CSS and partitions, that's it.

Think of each trunk as any other phone,  adjust the CSS so it can reach the desired route pattern. Do any digit manipulation you might need based on your configuration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: