cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Full endpoint configuration not showing in CUCM 14 (SU 1)

salvage210
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

When I view the configuration page for any VoIP endpoint in Call Manager 14 (SU1), the entire "Product Specific Configuration Layout" section is missing from the Configuration Page.

This section is where you enable the PC port on the back of a phone, enable/disable speaker phone and other important settings.

I have tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge, and Safari, all recent versions and this section is never visible. It's almost as if it's disabled somewhere in Call Manager. 

Can anyone advise me on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

CUCM 14SU1 has many defects, and I believe the issue you are describing is due to one of those defects. 
You will have far better experience with 14.0 and 14SU2. 
In your case, you need to upgrade to 14SU2. 

BTW, I just checked my CUCM 14.0 and I do see the Product Specific Configuration Layout under the phone configuration page. This is not something you can enable or disable under the service or enterprise parameters. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All phone models or a specific one? Any obvious matches in the bug toolkit?

Hi Jonathan,

This is with all models. No obvious matches in bug reports. I am in the process of installing SU2 now and I'll report back with the results.

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

CUCM 14SU1 has many defects, and I believe the issue you are describing is due to one of those defects. 
You will have far better experience with 14.0 and 14SU2. 
In your case, you need to upgrade to 14SU2. 

BTW, I just checked my CUCM 14.0 and I do see the Product Specific Configuration Layout under the phone configuration page. This is not something you can enable or disable under the service or enterprise parameters. 

Hi TechLvr, I'm in the process of installing SU2. I'll let you know what the result is.

salvage210
Level 1
Level 1

@Jonathan Schulenberg @TechLvr 

Using the Deployment Guide, I have installed 14.0(SU2) and on the Publisher and Secondary Subscriber, I have switched versions.

All services report STARTED in the CLI. The initial GUI loads. If I log in to any section, the login action fails with the message: Took too long to respond.

I have not yet switched and rebooted the primary subscriber as I want the Publisher to come up fully, first. Am I being impatient or is there a problem?  I don't have permissions to install the RTMT plug-in but I'm working on getting that done. I have downloaded it.

How much time did you let pass once your publisher had been restarted? I would say that you’ll need to let about 15-20 minutes pass once it gets back for all the services to start up correctly. If you by that time does still not get into the webUI I would recommend you to restart the Tomcat service from CLI and again wait for about 10 minutes for it to fully restart. If you then still do not get into the webUI you’ll need to get help from TAC as then something isn’t okay with your system.

Response Signature

Ugh, it's been a couple of hours. I've looked and now I've got DB replication problems...which I've NEVER had before. 

I'm running through the database troubleshooting guides. If I can't sort it out, I'll open a TAC case. I hate TAC cases though because my system is an isolated, classified gov't enclave. Cisco can't log in and I'm limited in what I can show them. 

You’ll never get the DB replication in an working state until you have switched the version on all your nodes in the cluster.

Response Signature

Hey Roger,

You're correct, I just realized this. I looked at the db "errors" and it's a mismatch caused by the one Subscriber not having been switched over yet.

Whatever the database state, I should be able to log into the switched over nodes. I was obviously chasing the wrong error. I've restarted Tomcat and Call Manager services with no success. I've tried different browsers and blown away all the caches and history. Both nodes that I switched over are behaving exactly the same way.

salvage210
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrading to SU2 fixed the problem with the missing endpoint configurations. I can now view the Product Specific Configuration Layout.

The separate problem with the GUI after upgrading is related to NAT'ing in my lab environment and does not impact the Call Manager. Please disregard that part of the discussion.