cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO Inbound to MGCP Gateway and 2 stage dialing

jeffrey.girard
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that wants to be able to have 2 stage dialing (ie getting a second dial tone) when dialing into an FXO port on a MGCP gateway controlled by CUCM 9.

Client does not have the HW/SW on site yet for me to test.

If this were H323, I know the answer.  Simply do not include the connection PLAR command under the voice port and this will initiate the second dial tone.

But this is MGCP.

So, as I dont have the gear in front of me to test, will the following create the desired second dial tone

In CUCM, under the MGCP config, under the FXO port, under port information:

Setting the Port Direction to bothways and leaving the Attendant DN field empty (blank). 

As I understand it, this field is the MGCP version of connection PLAR.  So, will leaving this blank achieve the same effect as not including the connection PLAR command under H323?

Desired end state:  incoming call into FXO port is answered and second dial tone is presented to user.  User then enters additional digits and call is send to destination device.

Jeff                  

4 Replies 4

tfletcher
Level 1
Level 1

The Attendant DN field is required, you cannot leave it blank.

You have to put the DN which will be automatically answered all inocming calls , it is like connection plar. You will define port direction (bothways)  & DN (the number which will be used to receive calls ) & prefix (second tone).Other information you have to define the port as loop start not grounf start. after that you will define the route group which will include route groub , after that define route list for the outgoing calls.

Any result

Islam -

As I mentioned in my original question/post, my client has not yet received the HW/SW to load up CUCM 9 - so I have no way of testing.  Therefore, no results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: