Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS port don't send all digits when dialing out

m.chartier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We have a ISR4331 with a NIM-2FXS where a postal meter need to me connected. The PSTN is with a PRI. The postal meter is configured to dial 9 before the numbre that must be reached. When the device place a call we get fast busy and in the debugs we see that only 91 is process by the router instead of the full number. The call flow is :

Device > FXS > ISR > PRI > Telco

If we connect an analog phone, we can dial any number without problems. 

Any idea? Maybe the way the postal meter is sending the digits is different that dialing each number on the analog phone?

Here is a sample of the config and dial-peers. I've also joint some debugs 

Thanks

voice class dpg 112
dial-peer 5
dial-peer 6

voice-port 0/1/0
cptone us
timeouts interdigit 10
station-id number 2222

dial-peer voice 5 pots
description ** Local calls **
preference 5
destination-pattern 9[2-9]..[2-9]......$
port 0/2/0:23
forward-digits 10
!
dial-peer voice 6 pots
description ** Long-Distance calls **
preference 5
destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......$
port 0/2/0:23
forward-digits 11

dial-peer voice 320 pots
description InboundFXS
preference 6
answer-address 2222
destination dpg 112

7 Replies 7

Peter Hanko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi m.chartier,

I have a quite similar problem: ISR4351 router, directly connected analog phone on FXS port, and VoIP dial-peers to remote voice gateways. Although I added no digit-strip and forward-digits all options to local POTS dial-peers, and the DSP API does see all digits, the router just takes the first two digits and tries to match a VoIP dial-peer - of course it will be unsuccessful because we need more digits to initialize a call. We try to fight this issue with Cisco TAC, and we have already checked all trivial pitfalls. If your troubleshooting was successful, could you please share the solution?

Regards,

Peter

What is the XE code on your ISR ?

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 03.16.04b.S - Extended Support Release
Cisco IOS Software, ISR Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.5(3)S4b, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

You are running into the following defect -
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb75834/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Upgrade your XE code and you should be fine.

Thanks a lot for pointing out to this bug. Tomorrow I will upgrade the software and share results.

Nipun, your hint was correct. After an upgrade to 15.5(3)S7b, the issue has gone... Thank you.

Good to hear that. I am surprised that it went through TAC. That is one of the more earlier and well known defect for XE code.