Views
Helpful
Replies

GAL 10-Digit Synchronization

raymond00
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Everyone!

When a user is created in Active Directory, their 4-Digit extension is included as the work number field. We currently utilize AD syncing within CUCM for our Corporate Directory. What I'd like to do is be able to set their 10-Digit number in AD so the GAL and Corporate Directory both show 10-Digits. Then I'd like to write rules so that our corporate NPA-NXX will be stripped (thus allowing internal 4-digit dialing). Here's what I've done so far...

I've created a Route Pattern 555555.XXXX, OnNet, set to strip PreDot. Using the DNA tool the pattern appears to be matched, however the call fails. I am guessing the call is being passed to the gateway and does not have a matching dial-peer, but before continuing, I wanted to stop and make sure I was looking at this correctly and wouldn't cause issue with a voip destination pattern of "....". Also, we have UNCN and CUP server, I don't believe changing the GAL Work Number field will have ill effects, but I'd like to make sure.

So I'd love feedback, and if I'm trying to re-invent the wheel please don't hesitate to let me know. There's nothing better than learning. Thanks for all the help!

TLDR: Would like 10-Digit Number string in Corporate Directory, which can be stripped to 4-Digit extension.

• Results  Summary
    • Calling Party Information
    • Dialed Digits = 6154404468
    • Match Result = RouteThisPattern
    • Matched Pattern Information
    • Called Party Number = 4468
    • Time Zone = Etc/GMT
    • End Device = SSC3_Intl_RL
    • Call Classification = OnNet
    • InterDigit Timeout = NO
    • Device Override = Disabled
    • Outside Dial Tone = NO
  • Call Flow
    • TranslationPattern :Pattern=     
    • Route  Pattern :Pattern= 615440.XXXX     
    • Route  List :Route List Name=  SSC3_Intl_RL     
  • Alternate Matches

• Note: Information Not Available
    • TLDR: Have 10-Digit Number string in Corporate Directory, which can be dialed internally.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Where does the call need to go? You mention they have internal 4 dgit extension, are the phones on CUCM system? If so you need to build a translation pattern not route pattern. If the user is on external system reachable via PSTN then you need to simply prefix your off-net access code on the route pattern.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Where does the call need to go? You mention they have internal 4 dgit extension, are the phones on CUCM system? If so you need to build a translation pattern not route pattern. If the user is on external system reachable via PSTN then you need to simply prefix your off-net access code on the route pattern.

HTH,

Chris

The phones are on CUCM, all 4-digit extensions. Not sure how I missed that one. Thanks so much! I was definitely over thinking it.