Views
Helpful
Replies

Gatekeeper redundant configuration

vvvvvbbb123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a peculiar requirement from my customer. They have 2 Avavya PBX under cisco GK. 

Avavya PBX 1  Prefix - 111...

Avavya PBX 2  Prefix - 222...

Now any call from remote location towards 111 if Avavya PBX not available should go to avavya PBX 2. I am confused on this requirement.

Please suggest.

Regards,

BB

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use another zone prefix with different priority for the same number pattern, for example:

zone prefix XXXX 5.... gw-priority 9

zone prefix YYYY 5.... gw-priority 5

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_r/vrg_z1_ps1839_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1002271

Thanks Chris :)

Can u also let me know whether can i use Zone remote along with cost and priority ?

Hi Charles,

I tried doing this configuration as suggested by you but unfortunately its asking for H323 ID , which is not available for avaya PBX

Hi,

The H323 ID is the one configured under your H323 interface. When you configure H323 interface to register with gatekeeper, you need to configure H323 ID. Now, you need to point this ID in your zone prefix.

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks .!!! however, since i am using avaya PBX, it would be difficult for me to add the H323 ID in it. Let me know if you can help on this :)

This is the h323 id of the cisco gateway . Its configured in cisci ios not avaya 

Thats correct. unfortunately in my scenrio, i have two avaya PBX, for which i am trying to find a solution.

Do you have any solution for these kind of scenario ?