Helpful
Replies

H.264 Video Codec Issue

techsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Hope all of you doing well.

I need some technical favor. We have two branches, connectivity between these branches through IP tunnel.We implemented IP voice solution of Avaya on both side. After that we can communicated between branches through G.711, G.722 but we unable to communicate with H.264. Meanwhile our backbone router is Cisco 1900 Series (15.0). So  please let me know Cisco router support the H.264 protocol or advice me what i do.   

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This does not seems to be a particular cisco issue.

if your 2 Avaya systems talk SIP/H323 or whatever signalling protocol between the two, the IP tunnel should be unaware of that. protocol negotiation is done inside SIP and or H323 

what makes you think the issue is on the cisco router?  have you got any logs that you want to share that could point us in the right direction.

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Dear Mr. Dannis Mink,

Thank for prompt response. No log show on router. Even when i make video call, voice come but show error on Hard phone screen no incoming video. 

Hi,

If you are using IP tunnel (GRE or whatever you want) then the payload is encapsulated.

Then the cisco router 1900 series don't care about type of payload which is transported.

I don't think the cisco router 1900 series is the issue.

Are you sure that the endpoint on the other side support the H264 and not only the H263 ?

Best Regards.

If this helps, please rate.

Ben

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Do your calls traverse that router ? When you say backbone, what is the use for that router in terms of your VoIP implementation ?
AFAIK, ISDN video GW supports H.264. I would need to check for ISR though.