Views
Helpful
Replies

H.323 Gateway - Called number presentation

fjlopezderego
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a H.323 Gateway that makes some calling and called transformations before sending the call to the provider. This transformations must be performed in the gateway due to SRST. As usual, when a user makes a call, the called number transformations made in the gateway are displayed in the phone. Is there any way to change this behavior at the gateway level so the phone displays the original called number? I can't change the parameter to display the original called number in all the phones...

Thanks,

Jav.                  

2 Replies 2

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The only way round this i can think of would be for you to move the translation profiles to the call-manager-fallback command.This means that they would kick in only in SRST mode.The rest of the time you could run the translations through Callmanager which will then mask the change and display the original called number.

Obviously in SRST mode it wouldn't work but , hopefully the site doesn't spend much time running SRST anyway :-)

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are  loads of discussion on the forum around this..but in summary here is what you can do...

Do not use called party or calling party transformations...This is because there is no way to prevent the phone from not showing this..You can do digit manpulation at the route group/route list level...

Then you will need to configure this on the gateway. This command will prevent the gateway from tlling the CUCM to update its called number..

voice service voip

no supplementary-service h225-notify cid-update

For more iformation please refer to this thread..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3828897#3828897

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts