cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

h323 hairpinning

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

not sure this is even possible. I have a sip trunk which is delivering calls into the system. I want to be able to redirect the call based on the calling party  not the called party so I was thinking like this.

suppose the called party is 2222 and the calling party is 3333

I direct the call of 2222 to an h323 gateway with the following

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

incoming called-number 2222

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

answer-address 3333

session target ipv4: x.x.x.x  (back to callmanager)

(translate the called number 2222 to 2225))

back in callmanager

2225 means that the call came from calling party 3333 so  transform it to send it where I want

something tells me this is not possible

thx as always

2 Replies 2

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

It is possible and the way you explained it would work. You could route calls based on the calling number.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Dear

Let me tell you an example , you will need to get a call from outside to go directly to your sales team , and other call to HR team.

f its H.323 gateway then you may try this,

1. Create a voice translation rule and a voice translation profile to translate the called number to 2222.

2. Create an inbound dial-peer for incoming calls with the answer address 3333 command. On this inbuond dial-peer use the above translation profile to translate the called number. Hence whenever this dial-peer is matched i.e. whenever an incoming call comes in from 3333, whatever be the called number, it will always be translated to ext. 2222.

3. Create an outbound dial-peer with destination-pattern 2222 on the gateway and route it to the CUCM. If the ext. 2222 is registered to the CUCM, then that particular ext. should ring.

Check out the following doc to help you with configuring voice translation rules and profiles

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3727-3-3138/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20Configuring%20Voice%20Translation%20Rules%20in%20IOS%20Gateways_EditComplete_12.pdf

Hope that helps

Thank you

please rate , if this will help