Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hard Coding Cisco 7960/7970 Phones Duplex/Speed

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to hard code the speed and duplex settings for Cisco IP Phones through the UCM? Or can this ONLY be done by going to the phone's configuration settings from the phone itself?

I have about 900 phones that need to be hard coded to 100/FDX... Don't really want to go to each one!

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot configure this via CUCM, these needs to be configured in the phone.

There are some products that allow you to control remote phones just as if you were in front of them, you might want to look into that. Don't recall the name of the product, maybe someone that does can jump into the thread.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Are you thinking of Phone Remote from VOIPIntegration? URL is http://www.voipintegration.com/Software-Phone-Remote.aspx.

The latest version is very good as it allows you to construct scripts - very useful for setting the speed and duplex on second generation phones (7940's and 7960's) via an SMS style multi tap interface.

We when through the same pain of having to pre-stage 2500 phones, unpacking each one, setting the speed and duplex and repacking them prior to deployment. Not nice!

Richard

Yes, that's the one I was talking about. Just for some reason couldn't remember the name, I'll have to copy that to my links .txt file so I have it handy.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Guys, thank you so much for the replies. I have offered the software to the client but they are going to go around all 900 phones post the upgrade and manually hardcode them (eeeeek!)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: