cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

headset recommendation for softphone use

zrunner626
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for headset to use with Jabber as a softphone? We are changing to a more open work environment and would like to have the option of a headset for both ears, w/ active noise cancelling that would work with Jabber.

A few I'm currently considering:

Jabra Evolve 75

Plantronics Voyager Focus UC

Would love to have an option that is over-the-ear and not headphone style.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

Are you looking to go wireless, bluetooth or wired?

Open to suggestions/recommendations but I tend to think bluetooth would be preferred.

It really depends on your use case..

I initially deployed BT headsets and found that not to be sustainable for a few different reasons like size of them made it easy to get lost or advanced features such as move to answer/hang up were causing issues .

My recommendation is wired with a quick disconnect cable if needed or just a straight USB cable. IPC has its own issues depending on how the machine you are running it on is configured or if you are using it with agent greeting in your call center. 

thanks, this isn't a call center just an open office. We are testing out the Plantronics Voyager Focus UC and possibly the Jabra Evolve 75 but I was looking for other suggestions that were over the ear and not over the head as well.