Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help cisco spa web configuration menu

Im a home user wanted to test IP Phones, should have gone for an easier phone now...

So i brought a 7960 phone they installed SIP before sending it to me, I have registered with SIPGate and need to change some settings into the SPA web Configuration.

I have contacted the phone to power supply and into my virgin internet hub.  Its given the phone an ip address etc however i don't know how to access the cisco spa web configuration menu can anyone help at all please

Many Thanks Grant

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That device does not have a config GUI, nor you can configure it via the device itself. That device was meant to work only with Cisco call control, and as such, it expects all the configuration from the call control agent, formatted in the exact format it expects it to be.

There are a ton of threads at the community and the internet that cover how to register Cisco devices to 3rd party PBXs and sample files of what you will require to get and then manually format as required for your device to work. If you find a thread which mentions 3PCC/MPP those are not applicable to you, as only newer devices (78XX/88XX) have the option for that FW image which does provide a config GUI as it's specifically made for 3rd Party Call Control agents.

If you want things to be a bit easier, get yourself a 78xx/88xx 3PCC/MPP device, but Leo pretty much sums it up in his last reply in this thread

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/8865-white-k9-and-sip/m-p/4135668#M390955

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate