Views
Helpful
Replies

[help needed] 7970 CUCM 4.1(3)SR7 Firmware 8.4.1SR1 Issue

Steffen.Baier
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

we have upgraded our 3000+ 7970's Phones to the latest 8.4.1SR1 Firmware.

Since this time we have had multiple complaints of Users that the screen is now very difficult to read.

I have attached 2 screenshot's were hopefully the problem is clearer to see.

It seems the font now has shadow and "bleeds" into the background picture.

The example Photo with the large glass building is photographed in a way that the sky is visible. In case of a Voice Mail as the envelope is white it is very hard to see.

The 2nd attached photo also shows the now larger Dialog box when dialling 12.

The white in the screenshot is not true to the actual white that is displayed on the Phone screen.

Changing the brightness or the viewing angle does not really sort the problem.

The 2nd issue with this firmware is that all headset's used within the company now have to be readjusted in order to not have an echo. This was not the case with the previousely used Firmware 8.3.x

Any hints ?

17 Replies 17

Hy out there!

now the SR2 is out from CISCO. Have you testet this version! Is the DTMF problem and the others gone??

thanxs for replying

Hi Steffen,

Now we are in 8.5.x releases, but the font is still white and hard to read when using a white background. Our customers are complaining about this because their logo is white and they do not want to change it on all phones manually.

Did you find a workaround? Or is a way to configure font color differently?

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Yorick

I have had a number of clients complain about the new colour scheme and as of release 8.5.3 there is still no change.

Seems to be a case of like it or lump it.

Only workaround I can think of is to produce your own custom background image and try different colours to reduce the "irritation".