cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help needed in recovering call log on Cisco IP Phone 7900 Series. Thanks!

AliElsner
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning all,

My name is Alison and I am attempting to retrieve a call history from a Cisco IP Phone 7900. The nature of this purpose is related to an event that occurred at the facility the phone is located in and there is currently an investigation that requires the documentation of an exact phone call that was made. This particular phone is in a hospital facility and our company initially attempted to retrieve the call log from the actual phone unit. Shortly we discovered that the call history only contained a limited amount of approximately 30 calls. I attempted to call technical support and discovered that our registration/service warranty had expired in 2008.

Ultimately, I am trying to figure out if I can retrieve a call history from this particular phone greater than the limited log displayed on the physical unit.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance for the assistance!

Alison

3 Replies 3

stevenlandon
Level 1
Level 1

depending on what you are looking for exactly, the call record may be in the server Call Detail Records (CDR), assuming that is turned on.

Steven,

Thank you so much for your advice. I’ll try that next! 

Alison

To add onto that, the CDR (Call Detail Records) are located on the Cisco Call Manager server, not on the phone itself.  You'll need to login to "Cisco Unified Serviceability", then choose  Tools -> CDR Analysis and Reporting

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: