cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with UCS-E140S-M2/K9=

s4siddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

Hello...I am a complete newB to this and I have a UCS-E140S-M2/K9= blade sitting to go in my ISR 2921 running CME 11 running 15.6(2)T2

Can someone guide me how to configure and provision this blade, need help with:

1.Initial configuration (have 2 interfaces - 1 for management access and other for voice vlan), do I need to upgrade the IOS first?

2.Voice mail setup (installing licensing - already purchased)

3.Configuring auto-attendant

4.Assigning extensions to phones (does this has to be done from the CME 11 GUI?)

there are information available out there but are not conscious so couldn't locate a proper guide that guide from the scratch.

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Destination pattern would be the trigger on CUE. DID will be translated to XXXX on the incoming dial peer for your SIP trunk. This XXXX is the pattern and trigger that you configure to be able to route calls to CUE.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Prashant Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Siddique,

You can refer the Cisco Guide for configurations which include prerequisite and configurations steps :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmeplan.html

Regards,

Prassha3

Rate if you find this helpful 

Thanks.

So I have installed the blade and configured the esXi 6.0...I know there is a VM I need to create in order to support functionalities such as auto attendant, call routing, extensions, voice mails etc.

Can you please point me to the virtual machine that does that, I don't recall what its called. (CUC? cisco unity connection?)

Thanks.

Hi S4siddiqui

With CME you can configure Cisco Unity Express(CUE) or Cisco Unity Connection (CUC).
For CUE Spare modules also ship with the software and license installed. If you are adding Cisco Unity Express to an existing Cisco router, you will be required to install hardware and software components.

As you mentioned for VM,  it looks like you are planning to install Cisco Unity connection. You need to install one VM separately for Cisco Unity connections using OVA template as per your requirement. Please refer below mentioned link for Unity connection configurations with CME :

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/1x/integration/guide/me30uc11.html

Regards,
Prassha3

Rate if you find this helpful

Are you sure you want to have Unity Connection and not Cisco Unity Express (CUE) ? How many users on the CME ?

I don't know if I need unity express or unity connection, what is the difference...users are about 70-100, i have 10 voice mail box licenses purchased...the most important service we need is voice mail and auto attendant. 

My question is with this module that I have installed esXi on what am I capable of (can I do AA Voice mail?) I hope it does as this was ordered from a BOM that a cisco consultant recommended when we first put in the request for these services.

Please advice.

Share the license PID that you have purchased. 70 - 100 users should be fine for a CUE. CUC would be an overkill since all you are looking for is VM and AA.

Hi Nipun...so we bought:

Product
CME-UL
Description
Cisco Communication Manager Express (CME) - 1 User License

QTY.50

Product
CUE-VM
Description
Cisco Unity Express (CUE) - 1 VMail License (E-Delivery RTU)

QTY.10

Please advice.

thanks Nipun...so I the CME and unity ex is up and running fine.

I need to know essential configuration required to establish the following:

1. all incoming calls made to 604.283.3262 goes to my unity express first to enter extension for an individual - auto attendant, and then it should call forwarded to user based on the 4 digit ext caller enters (user extensions are 1001-1015 15 users)

2. voicemail setup for some individuals.

My CME config attached.

Much appreciated!

Refer this for CUE setup. Don't worry about it mentioning 8.6, the application is the same.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_6/online_help/admin/GUI_PDF/gui_pdf.pdf

On the CME, you would need to create a SIP VoIP dial-peer pointing to CUE hardcoding the codec to G711u and having the appropriate destination-pattern which would be the trigger for the AA and/or VM application that you would configure on CUE.

thanks!

below is what I have configured.

!
dial-peer voice 100 voip
description SIP Trunk with IXICA
translation-profile outgoing remove0
destination-pattern 0T
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:208.43.27.75
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip reset timer expires 183
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
!
dial-peer voice 1 voip
description **Incoming Call from SIP Trunk**
translation-profile incoming inbound
session protocol sipv2
session target registrar
incoming called-number .
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip profiles 10
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 2 voip
destination-pattern 1604283....
session protocol sipv2
session target registrar
voice-class codec 1
no voice-class sip reset timer expires 183
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
!

!
voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^0/ //
!
voice translation-rule 2
rule 1 /1604283/ //
!
voice translation-rule 3
rule 1 /^10/ /1604283/
!
voice translation-rule 4
rule 1 // /1604283/
!
!
voice translation-profile inbound
translate called 2
!
voice translation-profile remove0
translate calling 3
translate called 1
!
!

I am trying to add this

!

destination-pattern 604283..../ -->my incoming number starts with that.
session protocol sipv2
dtmf-relay sip-notify
session target ipv4:10.90.36.15 /-->Cisco Unity Express Virtual IP address
codec g711ulaw
no vad

!

this didn't work....I am not sure how to create a dial plan/dest pattern to match and call in dial peer.

Destination pattern would be the trigger on CUE. DID will be translated to XXXX on the incoming dial peer for your SIP trunk. This XXXX is the pattern and trigger that you configure to be able to route calls to CUE.