Views
Helpful
Replies

High Traffic Try Again Later

mirna_12345
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

We got the the below mesage on the IP Phones when trying to initiate a call .

"High Traffic Try Again Later"

Note that we have a CUCM version 7.1.3 .

Kindly advice what could be causing this problem.

Thanks,

Mirna

8 Replies 8

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Do you happen to have a trunk of some sort between another call manager cluster or another phone sytem perhaps? If so, check that you dont have duplicate route patterns between them that may correlate to digits that arent assigned to anything on either system. It could get stuck in a loop and give you that message.

In addition if you google for this error you will see most responses pointing to high CPU usage on the server, so check that out.

Interestingly I ran into this the other day and root of my issue was misconfigured dial-peer on a gateway, I had something like "9.[23]......" instead of "9.[2,3]......", took me couple of hours to figure this one out, but as soon as I changed it calls suceeded and error went away.

HTH,

Chris

I dont think that a misconfigured dial-peer cause this problem because this issue happened once for a couple of hours.

All we need to know is the root case and how we can prevent this issue to reoccur.

Regards,

Mirna

Hi

When this message comes, Have you checked your PSTN PRI/BRI/Trunk utilization.

This error messages comes when the destination is not reachable because of a temporary overload on the network switching equipment at service provider side.

If ou have ISDn and if you do debug isdn q931 you will see

Cause i = 0x82AA - Switching equipment congestion

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Ronak is right, I have seen the same.

When the provider (ISDN) reports this error you will see High Traffic message on the phone.

Debug isdn q931 should show this,

Jan

Please be informed that we are using an analog line connected to the FXO of the voice gateway and we dont have E1/T1

Hi,

When you are receiving this error, is your All FXO ports busy?? Ultimately the busy signal will be coming from the service provider only.

Regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

hi,

Note that the problem occured after working hours so the FXO ports were not busy .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: