cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I block phone numbers

solid_978
Level 1
Level 1

My customer wish  to block one international inbound number toward my internal IP phone (not outbound,however from IP phone is blocked by CSS) in my Cisco Unified CallManager.

I have not any gateway neither MGCP or H323, but the call hits CUCM directly.

Can I do through Route pattern and then to use block pattern?

I really appreciated if someone can guide me to accomplished this task.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This questions has been asked plenty of times before here, you can find all the related information if you search previous CSC threads.

If you don't have a GW, most likely it has to be a SIP trunk directly to CUCM, but you should be able to use the MGCP method.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have time to implement the solution, mostly I used through this link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/71966/blocking-calls-based-calling-party-id

thanks for support.

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
  1. You can use the call barring feature on CUCM and configure the following:

Partitions Created:

1. PT_Inbound

2. PT_Block

3. PT_Allowed 

CSS Created:

1. CSS_Trunk

2. CSS_Screening

3. CSS_Allowed 

Translation Pattern created:

1. \+.! Partition: PT_Inbound with Urgent priority & Route hope by calling number having CSS_Screening 

2. 6001 will be the second translation pattern  (for which the call to be blocked)Partition: PT_BlockedBlock this partition 

3. \+.!Partition: PT_allowed with CSS_Internal which contains the partition of the phones.

Note: The above TP are for +E164 dialing i.e if from the gateway/trunk if you are receiving numbers in +E164 format otherwise you can create a TP with just !

Call flow would become:

SIP trunk >>>> CUCM >>> Translation Pattern \+.!  with CSS_screening >>>>> 5001 (If call comes in from a number to blocked) >>>>> Block this pattern checked on the TP

You can refer to the link below:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/77241/technotes-how-block-incoming-calls-cucm-8x-based-ani-mgcp-gateway

Aseem