cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I override "Always Display Original Dialed Number" for one extension?

Lando.Griffin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we're running CUCM 11.0 and have the CUCM Service Parameter "Always Display Original Dialed Number" set to "False" (meaning that if someone calls an internal extension and the call is being forwarded, the forwarded number will appear on the original callers phone and not the number they first dialed). Is there anyway to override this global setting for just one extension so that when this extension is being forwarded, people calling it will still see the original name/number they dialed?

I know, I know...by definition the Service Parameter is used to apply to the entire system, so why enable it if you don't want it to apply to everyone...if there's a place where I can configure the same behavior on like a DN to achieve the same results, I would consider doing that, but there doesn't appear to be (the settings on the bottom of the DN page, "Forwarded Call Information Display on Device", only appears to be for the CALLED device and not the CALLING device). 

Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Reply 1

hserhan75
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think you can do this, but there is a work around....create a translation pattern (new DID) and forward it to the user phone number and on the translation pattern you can put whatever calling number you want....hope that help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: