cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I use the speaker and camera in DX80 when using with PC as monitor

hxmengmetro
Level 1
Level 1

When I use DX80 with PC as main monitor, the DX  speaker and camera doesn't work. The purpose of that is people still using PC for the tasks can get rid of the existing speaker, webcam and monitor. But it's missing the functions there or I'm missing something.

idea?

thanks.

Lou

6 Replies 6

Armand Stansel
Level 4
Level 4

You ever get a response?  Have the same issue.  Would be nice to have these features without the need to flip back and forth. 

Speaker now works with new firmware but camera still not. It will be really nice to get that camera works with computer in PC mode. Lots of end users got confused with it. They naturally think they are able to use that camera but the truth is not. I wish Cisco can fix this in the future release soon. Their android OS need to be upgraded to 5 above to share screen through Webex. That's another complaint we have.

Did you ever get the camera to work on your DX80 when used as a monitor for your laptop?  I am struggling with that use case and have yet to find a solution.

fbosarreyes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have the same problem, Did you get a response?

DX80 supports audio through the HDMI input if you're running Android software 10.2(5) and later or TelePresence software CE8.2 and later.
The camera cannot be used as an external PC camera as it's used for video conferencing with the DX80 only.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: