Views
Helpful
Replies

how can we add the dash "-" in the calling party transformation pattern

jjia
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

CUCM 8.x integrated with Active Directory, the phone number format at the AD is 123-456-7890 with the dash "-" added. The CUCM IP Phone format will be the last 5-digits of the above format.

From the directory we can select to call by the above format (123-456-7890) by translation patterns to last 5-digits.

Now the IPT has CUP 8.5 integrated, and we would like the end-user phone to see the other user's phone status from the phone directory. I am trying to using the calling party transformation patterns to translate the format 123-456-7890 to the last 5-digits. However the calling party transformation pattern will not accept the dash "-" in the patterns.

I understand one way to solve this is to ask the AD administrator to change the phone format to remove the dash "-", but it will involve a lot management tasks.

Just wonder if anyone can tell me to deal with above requirement: from the phone directory to see the phone status with the format 123-456-7890 with the phone DN format: last 5-digits.

Thanks,

JJ                  

1 Reply 1

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

You can't. The dash character isn't valid in CUCM for phone number digits.

Sorry,

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: