cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I configure 7916 Expansion Module Buttons with 'add a new DN'

Joseph Spagnoli
Level 1
Level 1

We have a new VoIP system and are basically running "baptism by fire" now.  Can anyone assist me with the steps to configure the 7916 Expansion Module Buttons with the "Line[#] - Add a New DN" option.  The engineers only configured the first 6-8 buttons of out 7965 model phones.  Right now, if I look at our 7965's that have 7916's, the first 6 buttons are listed, then under "add-on module", buttons 7 & 8 are listed as "Line [7] - DN Number, Line [8] - DN number, however, line 9 thru.... is listed as "None".  When I click ont the "modify button items' , I see all the buttons, but there is no option on the right side for "Line - Add a New DN".  Is is named something else or am I in the wrong place.  I want to make buttons 9 thru ..... to be able to add DN's to as necessary.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, build new phone button template and assign it to the phones that have side cards, then reset the phone.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First you need to ensure you assign phone button template to the phone that has all those defined as Lines, then you need to ensure that the side car is selected on the device configured.

HTH,

Chris

Thank you - I looked at the phone button template and it does only have Lines 1-8 set as Line.  If I set button say 9-24 as Line, I assume I will have to re-apply the phone button template to each phone that has a 7916 on it?  Or will it simply apply on it's on once I change the template?  Thanks so much Chris.

Correct, build new phone button template and assign it to the phones that have side cards, then reset the phone.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Chris,

Thank you so much.  I did this for one device/user and it worked perfectly.  Truly aprreciate it.