cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I play a prompt file?

tsadfw2009
Level 1
Level 1

I see several prompts and they are named as certain dates.wav.  I'm trying to find the after hours prompt but don't know how to play a prompt from the CUE GUI.  Is this possible?

thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Todd,

Are you looking at the files on the System -> Prompts page? If you are, you can safely download them to your desktop using the GUI and listen to them, they will still remain on the system. Just check the box of the one you want to download and then press 'Download' at the top of the page.

You can also transfer them to your PC (if it is running a FTP server) using the CLI.

example: ccn copy prompt Prompt.wav url ftp://10.1.1.10/MyPrompt.wav username me password pw

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You must be familiar with the internals of the CUE (file structure and naming) to play system prompts. Cisco recommends agaist that because they can change without notice.

Ok.  If I were to download the prompts, will this simply copy them to a location (my desktop) or will the prompts be removed from the flash?

thx

You cannot access system prompts from GUI or CLI.

That's why I said you have to be familar with the internals to be able to know their names and how to access them.

any suggestions for a beginner?

Record your own prompts and do not rely on system ones.

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Todd,

Are you looking at the files on the System -> Prompts page? If you are, you can safely download them to your desktop using the GUI and listen to them, they will still remain on the system. Just check the box of the one you want to download and then press 'Download' at the top of the page.

You can also transfer them to your PC (if it is running a FTP server) using the CLI.

example: ccn copy prompt Prompt.wav url ftp://10.1.1.10/MyPrompt.wav username me password pw

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful

Hey thanks. That worked great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: