cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how does device pool knows the IP address of the remote location?

rammany19
Level 1
Level 1

hello

please i am finding it hard to understand how device pool locate remote site IP and how it does the reference to a particular branch?

4 Replies 4

s-butler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, you need to configure Device Mobility which will include Device Mobility Info this will tie the Device Pool to a Subnet address.

Regards,

Steve

Hello, please can you elaborate it very well, is it under device mobility i will attach to subet address of the branch?

please can you give me steps or a reference that can elaborate this very well. trying to understand it very well.

Hi, to understand this better please take a look at a CUCM SRND as this will explain the Device Mobility configuration in greater detail:

I enclose a link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/devmobil.html

You create a Physical Location, Device Mobility and Device Mobility Info (this is where you apply the Subnet) and assign the Device Pool to Device Mobility Info.  Finally you apply the Physical Location and Device Mobility and Device Mobility CSS to the Device Pool.  A phone using this Device Pool will then come up as Home Location when CUCM recognises the IP Subnet.

You should be able to move a phone and allow CUCM to apply the appropriate configuration for that site location based on the IP subnet that it recognises from within Device Mobility Info and from the phone.  The phone can also be set to various DM settings as well and also to use a Roaming Device Pool.  DM must also be turned on within CCM Service Parameters.

The document link explains it much better than I can.

Regards,

Steve

Hi

you need to have physical location, device mobility info and gorups setup

this is for physically changing the phone location from site A to site B for example

be carfull when using one device mobility group and diffrent device mobility groups for multipile phusical locations and gorups info as this eefect using some features such as, SRST reference, AAR, CSS

Some of the device mobility elements include:

Device Mobility Info — Configures IP subnets and associates device pools to the IP subnets.

Device Mobility Group — Defines a logical group of sites with similar dialing patterns (for example, US_dmg and EUR_dmg

Physical Location — Defines the physical location of a device pool. In other words, this element defines the geographic location of IP phones and other devices associated with the device pool.

for more details refer to the bellow link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/devmobil.html

HTH

if helpful Rate