Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Access CUCM - Please help

mohsinksa1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys ,

I am new in Ip phones and i don't know how to access cucm and add new ip phone on cucm . Please  i need help on following things

• How to know what is my cucm ip address so  and access it
  • How many licesene remaing there on cucm so i can add new Iphone 7942
  • How to  program new cisco ip phone 7942 on on cucm so user can get extension number and should call outside the office

My Pc is connected with Cisco Ip phone 7942 . Is it possible to access cucm from my pc or i have to the server

Please

Waiting for your replies

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ate you the network administrator for this site? Do you manage the IPT cluster? There must be a documentation that details the ip address and login details for the cucm servers. Please ask the administrator for them.

I don't see how you will be an administrator and you don't know how to add an ip phone 

Please rate all useful posts

My freind ,

There was a company who implemented the complete cisco ip phones in 2010 and that company is no longer there . They have the details

I am only worker here and i need help from you .

OK, if you don't know the IP, and you don't know how to configure CUCM, and you don't know the passwords, then it is really very complicated to start.

Try to find another company or engineer to help you with this.

I have done this several times in the past when we got a customer with an existing CUCM installation. You can start with the settings on the phone and search for TFTP IP, this is normally the publisher. But after that you need to reset platform and GUI passwords/accounts and don't forget to reset the security account.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/65041/how-reset-passwords-cucm

If you have been able to do this, then go through the configuration and see how partitions and calling search spaces are configured.

Then add the new phone if you still have enough user or device licenses (depends on version)

But if you don't have any experience, it is much wiser to find a Cisco partner to help you

Bye

JH

Honestly my friend, if you don't know how to add a phone to cucm, then you shouldn't be trying to reset the password on CUCM. You should get someone who knows what they are doing..Its too complicated and you may cause more damage..

Please rate all useful posts

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

I am in agreement with the others, I wouldn't feel comfortable telling you how to access CUCM if you have no idea what you are doing. 

Personally, I would pay a UC experienced contractor to come in, document the system and provide some training to yourself and some other staff.

Voice is a big area, its not something you can dabble in if you are the sole person responsible for the system, you have to know what you are doing.