Views
Helpful
Replies

How to allow an Analogue Phone to transfer to an IP Phone

nowcommsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a requirement to allow an Analogue Phone, (plugged into an ATA) to transfer calls to another IP Phone. Do you have any idea how to do this? The Analogue phone is a Cordless (Wireless Analogue Phone)

I have seen on CCM ver 6.1.4 that in Enterprise Parameters there is an option for Enterprise Feature Access Code for Transfer Required Field but that is in reference to Mobility!

I have tried configuriung a Translation pattern with ***XXXX so from the analogue phone you can dial ***XXXX the 4 digit extension but this doesnt work. I think you have to do something with Hook Flash so that the Analogue phone gets a 2nd Line but do not know how to do this.

I have since Found the guide below:

Cisco ATA Style Call Transfer Procedure

Step 1 While engaged in a call, perform a hookflash, then press 2 on your telephone keypad.

Step 2 After the dial tone sounds, enter the telephone number.

Step 3 When  the other party answers or the remote telephone rings, hang up to  transfer the call. You can perform a hookflash at any time to halt the  operation and resume the original call.

However, how do you do a Hook flash on a Cordeless Analogue phone?

Thanks

Ash

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ash,

Most Cordless phones have a button on them that simulates a Hookflash

this is usually labelled Flash, Link or re-call. Can you let us know what make/model

of cordless phone you are using and we'll do some research

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob

I have tried the 'Recall' button and it all works great! In the meantim i als started looking at the STIG timers on the ATA under its development pasges for max Hook flash timer settings, but now it works with the R button its all fine!

Thanks

Ash