cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to forward inbound calls based on caller ID?

jason.smith
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me or share a document that explains how to forward a inbound call based on the caller ID that is coming across. Basically just looking for a way to say if XXX-XXX-XXXX is calling in, then forward all the calls to extension XXXX.

Thanks,

Jason

5 Replies 5

Look at this document, https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-18367

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Can this be done on the router? Rather than in CM?

You could use a combination of a caller id specific incoming dial peer and a voice translation rule to achieve that on the VGW. On the dial peer use answer address as the match to intercept the calling number and tie a incoming translation rule that transforms the called number to the destination of your choice.

Response Signature

Would you happen to have a example config for this setup on the router?

This is from memory, so there might be one or two typos. :) If needed I can give you a more exact answer tomorrow when I'm at work and have access to a bunch of configuration examples, but I think you should manage to figure it out with this.

Incoming dial peer
dial-peer voice 1 pots
answer-address 555123456789 <- caller id you'd like to match calls from.
direct-in dial
translation-profile incoming IN-ANI-REDIRECT

Translation rule
voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /.*/ /1000/ <- match anything and translate to 1000. Use whatever DN on the replace part to suite your needs.

voice translation-profile IN-ANI-REDIRECT
translate called 1

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: