cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make incoming call go straight to extension

Laveniuk
Level 1
Level 1

This might be a stupid question but i cannot figure it out.

We have a client that wants their CUE to receive a call and have it automatically transferred to an extension.  No buttons, no menus, nothing.  Just incoming call goes straight to an extension.

They do want after hours to go to a menu though.

I have the after hours thing figured out, but i cannot get a call to automatically go to an extension.

7 Replies 7

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Is their a specific need for CUE to do that, I mean if the calls need to go directly to an extension, why use the CUE at all ? Will incoming calls go through a AA greeting or something ?

Yes the calls go through an initial welcome greeting.
They used to have a menu for when a person calls, but they want to get
rid of that while they have staff on site.

Depending upon what CUE version you have, you can have the CUE script only have a Welcome greeting or a Main menu greeting and then set the GoodBye prompt parameter to transfer to extension which would be when there is no caller input. Or you can look into setting up B-ACD on CME in drop-through mode.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/cme40tcl/40bacd.html

So we have Version 8.6.11.

I have tried this scenario.

Welcome Prompt: "Our recording"

Main Menu Prompt: "NONE"

Goodbye Prompt: "NONE"
    - Transfer to: 410

This seems to ALMOST work.  What this does it play the welcome prompt
(which is perfect), then it has this recording "are you still there?"
It says this 3 times, then it transfers to 410.

If there was a way to get rid of the "are you still there" recording,
then my problems would be solved.

There is a MaxRetry parameter in CUE but that is only applicable for the default system script "aa.aef" AFAIK. Try it still -

Session into the CUE module through the router CLI
conf t
ccn application autoattendant
parameter MaxRetry 1

If it does not help, then you will need to create a script through CUE script editor available seperately on CCO or use the "aa.aef" script. That retry parameter would then be under Voicemail > Auto Attendant section on GUI.

How do I edit the aa script....
I thought i seen somebody talking about a script editor, but do you
think i could just search google, or even the cisco website for this? NOPE!

I just hate how cisco makes this sooo hard.

I hear you but it is what it is. The default system script "aa.aef" can be edited at Voicemail > Auto Attendant > autoattendant. Click the link and select the script "aa.aef". You should see a retry parameter towards the bottom.
If you are interested in the editor, you can find it here -
https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283671889&flowid=77752&softwareid=282774364&release=8.6.12&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest