Views
Helpful
Replies

How to separate 3 digit extension for internal call

ciscoguy88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

May I know in our internal extension calling, can we separate it by translation pattern but using same partition and CSS?

Example: internal extension call 1XXX and 2XXX with the XXX could be the same number?

Can this work if the partition between 1XXX and 2XXX is the same or we need to separate the partition only this will work?

17 Replies 17

Short answer. Given the information and criteria shared it would not work to call XXX, aka 3 digits. You would need different partitions and calling search spaces for this. If this is misunderstood and it’s something all together different thing that you ask about please rephrase your question make it clearer.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Noted on that. Let me try out with different partition and CSS.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Based on your questions it seems you don't understand how digit analysis and call routing works in CUCM, why do you think that 1100 and 2100 would have any conflict when they're unique numbers??? regardless of them being in the same partition or different partitions.

If you're planning to change your dial plan and / or dialing habits, I would STRONGLY suggest a reputable consultant with UC experience or a Cisco Partner WITH voice specializations to be involved in order to analyze the current dial plan and then discuss with them the end goal so they can plan accordingly what needs to be changed.

Not fully understanding how digit analysis and call routing works in CUCM can lead to the introduction of "problems", and I use quotes because the system is simply behaving as per the configuration that it has.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate