Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to show users with DN's in IP Phones

Hi guys 

Am working with CUCM V12.5 and i would like to make the useres be able to brows the DN or users within the system through each IP Phone .

can some one help me how can i do it ?

Thanks in advance ..

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @mohamed.abouzaenin ,

Users can browse DNs or other end users using Corporate Directory feature on Cisco IP Phone. Make sure you have populated users under User Management >> End Users in CUCM Administration.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

You can search the users from Corporate directory.

cisco_function_corporatedirectory_473x576.jpg

To see the users from Corporate Directory, End users must be configured with Telephone Number. End user configuration can be done manually or you can sync it with from AD using LDAP .

Once you have end users configured on CUCM, from phone  you can search them using Corporate  Directory.

Apart from Corporate  Directory You can have your own personal Directory and its possible to integrate with Third party Directories.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @mohamed.abouzaenin ,

Users can browse DNs or other end users using Corporate Directory feature on Cisco IP Phone. Make sure you have populated users under User Management >> End Users in CUCM Administration.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

hi Vaijanath Sonvane 

Thank you for your replay , i do like you said and i found a corprate directory but i found two things :-

1- when i make search some results is doublecated , and their is just one user with the same ID F.NAME Last name , how can i avoid doublecate results such this ?

1- when i found some users through the search and i want to dial him , their is no call established " like the dail button is not functional " , i check the user account and associated phone and it's all normal and can dial them by typing their extension normally , and some users i can dial after i found them throgh directory , can you help me to figure out what's the issue ?

You can search the users from Corporate directory.

cisco_function_corporatedirectory_473x576.jpg

To see the users from Corporate Directory, End users must be configured with Telephone Number. End user configuration can be done manually or you can sync it with from AD using LDAP .

Once you have end users configured on CUCM, from phone  you can search them using Corporate  Directory.

Apart from Corporate  Directory You can have your own personal Directory and its possible to integrate with Third party Directories.

Response Signature

hi Nithin Eluvathingal

Thank you for your replay , i do like you said and i found a corprate directory but i found two things :-

1- when i make search some results is doublecated , and their is just one user with the same ID F.NAME Last name , how can i avoid doublecate results such this ?

1- when i found some users through the search and i want to dial him , their is no call established " like the dail button is not functional " , i check the user account and associated phone and it's all normal and can dial them by typing their extension normally , and some users i can dial after i found them throgh directory , can you help me to figure out what's the issue ?

chances are less to see duplicated user on the corporate directory. Did you check the end users on cucm ?

To dial from corporate directory update your end user telephone number. It must contain the uses extension number. 

Response Signature