cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to sync E1 lines (eliminate slips) when ISRs are connected back2back?

I'm unable to figure out what is the proper config for 4 ISRs (each with VWIC-2MFT card) connected in a line using E1s:

R1 ---(E1)--- R2 ---(E1)--- R3 ---(E1)--- R4

Do I need to mention that I tried configuring "network clock free-running" or R1 so that R2 should accept that clock because by default on its E1 controller it is already defined "network clock line". Second E1 controller on the R2 router is configured with "network clock internal" so it passes clock to R3 which is again configured following same logic applied on R2. Even after config is applied to all boxes I'm still seeing slips. I've tried reloading boxes but didn't help.

So, questions are simple: is this possible, what is the proper config, what command am I missing, is it mandatory to reload IOSes as part of the config process?

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

where you have clock source line, you also need "network-clock-select 1 e1 x/y/z".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: