Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upgrade Cisco 8961 Firmware

I have a cisco 8961 that has a bad firmware installation. I need to upgrade the firmware back to SCCP since it is on the SIP firmware at the moment. I do know that pressing the # key followed by the sequence 123456789*0# is how to do it on the 79XX series. But my TFTP server is showing that the phone hasn't tried to talk to it at all, how I upload the new firmware?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you confirm that you have followed the procedure described below?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213288-upgrade-ip-phone-firmware-individually.html

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You may try to go to Menu->Admin Settings->Reset Settings->All Settings. (This resets All Settings of the Phone similar to the 123456789*0#)

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

I am wanting to upload new firmware for the phone. I tried that but the
phone didnt pick up the new firmware

Can you confirm that you have followed the procedure described below?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213288-upgrade-ip-phone-firmware-individually.html

G

I don't have CUCM on the net work I am currently attempting to do this on.
I am trying to upload the config with a Tftp client. I have done this with
a Cisco 7945 successfully. Can the same process be used with this 8961?

The process should be the same.

Hmm cant get this to work without CUCM, but it did work with CUCM. I accepted your solutions and rated you. Thanks for your help.

Good to know and Good luck with the rest of your works.

Thanks for the Rate