cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt group on SIP SRST mode

yuexp0929
Level 1
Level 1

I has a centralized UC infrastructure with only two CUCM and remote sites with Cisco 4321 voicewayand some 7821 IP phones. The PSTN is linked to the gateway with an E1 on the local sites and the gateway uses H.323 to the CUCM. There is one DID to hunt a huntgroup on CUCM. My challange is to configure the SRST for SIP Phones and find a way to create dynamic huntgroup if the WAN link is down and phones registers to SRST. Do you have any solution? Thanks in advance?

I configured a hunt-group.  the Gateway tries to match the Hunt Group number as its best match. I hope that the hunt group is only available during WAN down.

4 Replies 4

Have a Look on below admins Guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/admin/sccp_sip_srst/configuration/guide/SCCP_and_SIP_SRST_Admin_Guide/enhanced_srst.html

Example: Configuring Voice Hunt Groups in Cisco Unified SIP SRST

The following example shows how to configure longest-idle hunt group 20 with pilot number 4701, final number 5000, and 6 numbers in the list. After directing a call six times (makes 6 hops), it is redirected to the final number 5000.

Router(config)# voice hunt-group 20 longest-idle
Router(config-voice-hunt-group)# pilot 4701
Router(config-voice-hunt-group)# list 4001, 4002, 4023, 4028, 4045, 4062
Router(config-voice-hunt-group)# final 5000
Router(config-voice-hunt-group)# hops 6
Router(config-voice-hunt-group)# timeout 20
Router(config-voice-hunt-group)# exit

Response Signature

Thanks for your reply!

the Gateway tries to match the Hunt Group number as its best match. I hope that the hunt group is only available during WAN down.

AFAIK there is no dynamic hunt group configuration. you need to configure the Hunt group which can be used during the SRST mode. 

Response Signature

Hello Nithin,

Actually I did many testes. I don't know how to configure a hunt group which is only used during the the SRST. 

I configured many dial-peers on outbound call leg of VG to CUCM , but the call can't be route to a hunt group. I think that the hunt group is on between inbound call leg and outbound call leg, so the hunt group can't be hunted.