cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot, CUCM 7.1.5

latintrpt
Level 1
Level 1

So I am configuring a Hunt Pilot in which it hunts through certain numbers first then I have a "Forward Hunt no answer" to the destination of *HuntPilotNO".

The star in front of it will take it to voicemail.  Is there anyway to make it ring more than the default of two rings before it goes to voicemail?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

For the 2-Rings, is this happening when all the Line Group members are

busy/logged out? If so, I would look at the Maximum Hunt Timer on the Hunt Pilot

config page.

Cheers!

Rob

That is correct, this happening after it's hunted through all line group members when they are busy or logged out.  So after it's hunted through all the of the members we have the Forward Hunt No answer and the Forward Hunt Busy set to the go to *VoicemailforhuntpilotNO.  So after it goes through the last member it only rings twice then goes to the Forward Hunt No answer or Forward Hunt Busy.  We've already set the Maximum Hunt Timer to 20 seconds.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Well...you learn something new every day

I just realized why the Maximum Hunt Timer doesn't have an impact

on your config or my lab test set up.

Maximum Hunt Timer

Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting. Valid values specify 1 to 3600. The default value specifies 1800 seconds (30 minutes).

This timer cancels if either a hunt member answers the call or if the hunt list gets exhausted before the timer expires. If you do not specify a value for this timer, hunting continues until a hunt member answers or hunting exhausts. If neither event takes place, hunting continues for 30 minutes, after which the call gets taken for final treatment.

So for both of our configs the Hunt List will exhaust before the timer ever gets a chance to kick in. I know it's none of my

business but why do want to make callers wait the extra rings? I think the only way to do this would be to add a DN to the Line Group

that is not Logged out or Busy and leverage the RNA reversion setting on the Line Group config page.

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you!!