cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HuntPilot CallTreament For External Sip Calls

maqsood ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

I have a issue with hunt pilot call treatment and call forwarding !

The requirement is we need to have a message repeated infinite time until the external user hang up  if the  hunt members does not  answer the call. 

1. An External  user Call  dial  into 9249001  thru sip trunk ( SIP-ServiceProvider)  ,  9249001 is  CFA  to  Voicemail .

2. 9249001 is a CallHandler number in unity connection , which answer with greeting message and transfer it to 4041 , with  release to phone system selected

4. 4041  is  HuntPilot with  3 members in HuntList ,,which never answer the calls.

5.  Under Hunt Call Treatment Settings ,,   Forward Unanswered Calls to is selected ,  and 9249001  is the number provided. with proper CSS selected,
  THE CALL NEVER GOES THERE,,,,i hear  silence for 5-10 sec and hangs up ..

I want this call to go back to VM greetings to play message again ,,,and come back to HP ,,,try the members again ...

Note:If I change to any  DN apart from 9249001 , in Forward Unanswered Calls the call forwards and it works even from external ,  and also  internally inside the cluster,,it is working.

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you are looping the call to go to 9249001 and back again, this is probably why its failing.

I havent got CUC in front of me, but have you done a transfer rule with call holding to the huntgroup from your CUC call handler, so that it doesnt blindly transfer to the huntgroup even though no one is available or is picking up?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Why don't you use call queue in hunting and play your custom greeting
instead of going to CUC instead of forwarding loop

Unity Connection is doing Loop Detection, which can be disabled (with caution! it is not a good idea to disable this setting) under Telephony Integrations > Phone System "Call Loop Detection by Using Extension".

However, using the Native Call Queuing feature (as Mohammed suggested) might work for you, with some modifications. You will need two hunt pilots hunting to the same line group/hunt list, where the final forwarding behavior for each one points to the other. (Note: The Max Forward Hops to DN CallManager Service service parameter is 15 by default and can be increased to 60 so the hunt still won't be forever.)

For each hunt pilot, set Native Call Queuing to play the same announcement, which is set on the MoH Audio Source Page. Set the announcement to "Play announcement before routing to Hunt Member". (You can record and upload a custom announcement. And you will want a separate MoH Audio source for this hunting than that used for MoH for your company.)

You can increase the longevity of the hunt by increasing the RNA Reversion on the Line Group so that each line rings longer before rolling to the next line.