Views
Helpful
Replies

I have a error mesage whan i install a ccm 4.2 as subscriber

manuel.giraldo
Level 1
Level 1

I everybody,

I have install a ccm 4.2 as publisher. then i am installing a ccm 4.2 as subscriber, the cd 1 was installed well, when this server ask the cd 2 , after a time a screen appeare saying a error mesage: Failure occurred during the Cisco Unified CallManager installation. Please look at the Cisco Unified CallManager installation log file for details. Aborting Cisco Unified CallManager installation.

I found this link where says why the error happened and teh reason.

the reason is: The Cisco Unified CallManager installation detected an error while copying files

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/4_2/cm423ins.html#wp500106

In addition, it says the possible solution, but i don't exactly what does it mean.

solution says: Stop all platform agents and Cisco-verified applications and restart the installation.

Obtain and examine the log file.

Do you think is due to a cd problem, i used the same cd to install the ccm publisher. or What can i do?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Manuel,

I don't think that this is a problem with the media. Here is the full explanation;

This step applies if you need to reinstall Cisco Unified CallManager.

You must disable and stop all third-party, Cisco-verified, and Cisco-provided, coresident applications that are installed on your server.

If you have Cisco-verified applications (Cisco Partner Applications) or platform agents that are installed on the server, you must disable and stop the services.

Cisco strongly recommends that you do not install any Cisco-verified applications until you have completed the installation on every server in the cluster.

Caution Reboot the server after you disable and stop these applications. Do not start the applications until you complete the Cisco Unified CallManager installation on every server in the cluster. Before you start the installation, verify that none of the services is running.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/4_2/cm423ins.html#wp473584

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

First of all, thanks for your e-mail.

I would like to explain what servers exactly we have.

We have the following servers:

1.- MCS-7825H2-CCE1/CCX1/ECS1/IPC1/RC1

This server is newer than the other one, so we used as Publisher, its hardware specifications are:

- 2.8 GHZ de CPU

- 2 GB RAM

- 135 GB Hard Disk (Raid 1)

2.- MCS-7825H-3.0 (Subscriber)

This server is older than the first one.

its hardware specifications are:

- 3.06 GHZ de CPU

- 1 GB RAM

- 66 GB Hard Disk

-----------------------------------

We started installing the ccm publisher.

The OS we installed in the server publisher was 0S 2000.4.3(a) (This version came with the hardware), then we installed win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-5a.exe, Finally we installed win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-5b-sr6.exe, all about the operating system windows 2K

After this, We proceeded to install the Cisco Call Manager Software 4.2(3) (This version came with the hardware) and then we installed ciscocm.4-2-3-sr3.exe

The installation was succesfull. However when i installed the Subscriber started problems.

The OS we installed in the server subscriber was 0S 2000.2.7a (This version came with the hardware), then we installed win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-5a.exe, Finally we installed win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-5b-sr6.exe, all about the operating system windows 2K.

After this, We proceeded to install the Cisco Call Manager Software 4.2(3) (This version came with the newer hardware, publisher),

CD 1 was installed, then when CD 2 is installing,system shows a error message tha was describe in my first e-mail.

We have not installed any other application in the servers such as Cisco Partner Applications, platform agents or coresident applications

What it could be hapenning?

Thanks in advanced.

look at the installation logs for more details on exactly what is failing

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate